Top 10 Best Meat Thermometers in 2019 Reviews
When it comes to cooking meat, you need to get your temperatures right. Undercooking meat can lead to serious food poisoning while overcooking can spoil the taste. This is why it makes sense buying the best meat thermometer out there. You simply don’t want to eye your meat and gauge the doneness. An excellent meat thermometer offers easy access to your cooking data and helps you get the same results every time you cook. There are just so many meat thermometers out there to buy. Some fold and allow for easy storage while others don’t. Choosing the best meat thermometer is no easy task, and one must consider several features.
Some of the best meat thermometers cost as high as 100 dollars, but we have sturdy and accurate models that cost as low as 20 dollars. It can be confusing buying your first meat thermometer. However, that should not be a big problem if you’re reading these reviews. We’ve narrowed down your choices to just ten meat thermometers that we think are the best. Make sure you read through our meat thermometer reviews below before making a decision on the best one to buy.
Here are our top picks.
Table of Contents
- 10. ThermoPro TPO3A Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer
- 9. ThermoPro Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat
- 8. Lavatools Javelin Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer
- 7. GDEALER Waterproof Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer
- 6. ThermoPro Dual Probe Digital Cooking Meat Thermometer
- 5. BBQ Meat Thermometer, Bluetooth Remote Cooking Thermometer
- 4. Digital Meat Thermometer – BBQ Thermometer for Grilling
- 3. riida Wireless Meat Thermometer
- 2. Deiss PRO Digital Meat Thermometer – Lightening Fast Precise Readings
- 1. Habor Meat Thermometer, Digital Cooking Thermometer
10. ThermoPro TPO3A Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer
This is one of the best-selling meat thermometers out there with over 7K reviews that offer excellent testimonies. It is a super-fast thermometer with instant reading in 4-7 seconds. It features a 3.9-inch food grade stainless steel grade that pierces through meat and helps detect temperature. This is a pretty accurate thermometer with a reading range of -58 degrees F to 572 degrees F. The thermometer is a perfect choice for both indoor and outdoor cooking. It features a foldable probe that folds with ease and locks into place for compact storage. This is a smart design thermometer that automatically shuts off in ten minutes if the readings remain. It is backed by a one year warranty for worry-free buying.
- Food grade stainless steel probe
- Easy to use
- Automatic shut off after ten minutes of readout staying on
- Accurate temp measurement
- Some models don’t close completely after periods of use
9. ThermoPro Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat
This is another highly durable meat thermometer with a dual probe for smoke grill BBQ. It is a quality hands-free monitor with a wireless digital monitor that helps you read the temperature from over 300 feet away. This way, you can easily read the meat temp while having good times with friends. The setup of the thermometer is hassle-free. There is no sync required or tedious setup processes. Overall, this is an excellent thermometer with an intuitive control. It also features a built-in back-lit to enable you to read in low light areas. The thermometer also offers 9 preset settings of the previous meats and their doneness levels. It is a durable and accurate thermometer that can withstand a temperature of up to 716 degrees F.
- Durable and accurate probes
- Built-in backlit for reading temp in low light areas
- Hands free monitor with 300 feet range
- Easy setup
- The shape of the sensor touches the grill
8. Lavatools Javelin Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer
This is an ultra-fast 3-4 second meat thermometer with great accuracies of minus or plus 0.9 degrees F. It is an excellent addition to our list allowing you to measure temperatures fast. You will not worry about getting your hands burned when measuring. The thermometer will detect the temp reading and give readings in 3-4 seconds. It is sturdily made and features a large 1.4-inch display screen for easy data reading. It is also splash-proof and can withstand splashes from water, oils, and grease. The thermometer comes with an integrated magnet for easy storage. Overall, this is one of the best meat thermometers out there backed by a lifetime warranty.
- An integrated magnet for easy storage
- Large 1.4-inch easy to read screen display
- Ultra-fast 3-4 seconds readings
7. GDEALER Waterproof Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer
The GDEALER is another waterproof and super-fast digital kitchen thermometer with 3-4 seconds readout. It is an advanced thermometer with a switch for changing readings from Fahrenheit to Celsius. You can use it to measure milk temp, water temp and coffee temp due to the waterproof function. This is an accurate thermometer with an auto shut off after 10 minutes on hold. The temperature ranges from minus 58 degrees F to 572 degrees F. It is a convenient thermometer with a foldable 4.6-inch stainless steel probe. The folding allows for easy storage and carrying. The thermometer is quite easy to use and read. It features a backlit for easy data reading in low light conditions. You also get a one year warranty for confidence buying.
- Super fast readings
- IP67 waterproof
- Easy to use
- Backlit for reading in low light conditions
- The calibration feature is a bit difficult
6. ThermoPro Dual Probe Digital Cooking Meat Thermometer
This is a dual probe meat thermometer with a rigid and sturdy construction. It is a sleek design thermometer with a large screen display for easy temperature reading. The screen features a backlit for temp reading at low light conditions. The dual probe feature easily allows monitoring of two meat pieces without swapping the probes. You can easily store this thermometer anywhere in the kitchen. It features a flip-out countertop stand magnetic for easy storage on grill environment. This is a fast and efficient thermometer with 40-inch stainless steel cables that withstand up to 716 degrees F. It can be used indoors or outdoors and offer accurate temperature readings. The temperature range varies from 13 degrees F to 572 degrees F to suit a wide range of foods.
- Excellent temperature range for added versatility
- Durable 40-Inch steel cables to withstand high temp
- Large screen with backlit for easy temp reading
- Dural probe for monitoring two meat pieces
- A little hard to figure out
5. BBQ Meat Thermometer, Bluetooth Remote Cooking Thermometer
This is a wireless remote cooking thermometer. It is an advanced thermometer with a powerful remote control at 164 feet distances. The thermometer gets you the real-time heating temperature of your meat without physically being limited on the kitchen. It even sends overheating alerts to your phone. It is a sturdy and durable thermometer with new and improved stainless steel probes. This allows faster and accurate temperature reading. You also get two years replacement warranty if there is any problem with the device. This is a six-channel device that supports up to six probes. You can easily monitor up to six different foods at the same time. It also features a smart app control with 11 different temperatures for meat and their doneness levels. A beep or a flashlight warns you when the temperature goes beyond the normal readings.
- Smart app control with 11 preset settings
- Six channel technology for using up to six probes
- Two years replacement warranty
- Improved stainless steel probes
- Probes are not waterproof
4. Digital Meat Thermometer – BBQ Thermometer for Grilling
This is a leading digital meat thermometer with a super-fast temperature measurement. The thermometer takes less than 2 seconds to measure meat temperature accurately. It is also one of the most precise meat thermometers with a range of minus 58 degrees F to 572 degrees F. You can use the thermometer to measure a wide range of foods. This is a waterproof thermometer with a rating of IP67. This means you can safely use it around water without ever worrying about damages. It is multifunctional and will show you the exact temp reading on various foods. Overall, this is a useful and convenient choice with a bright LCD screen for fast and easy reading.
- Brightly colored LCD screen for easy temp reading
3. riida Wireless Meat Thermometer
This is a dual probe remote meat thermometer for easy food cooking from a distance of up to 300 feet. It features two probes and can easily measure temperature for two foods. The thermometer features a preset temperature setting of 9 types of meat. You can easily achieve five different desired taste of medium, rare, medium rare, well done and medium well. It is fast reading thermometer without any sync. The large LCD display shows the temperature readings in seconds. It also features a backlit for reading in low light. Overall, this is a safe and reliable device with food-grade stainless steel probes.
- Heat-resistant stainless steel probes
- Easy to use
- Instant temp reading
- Dual probe
- Instructions no clear
2. Deiss PRO Digital Meat Thermometer – Lightening Fast Precise Readings
The Deiss meat thermometer is one of the finest designs with a sturdy ABS plastic construction. It is a durable choice that will last for many years even when accidentally dropped. The thermometer features an auto-switch off after ten minutes on hold and a backlit LCD screen. You can read the meat temperature even in low light conditions. This is an IP67 waterproof thermometer with a handy magnet for storage. There is a further hook to hang anywhere in the kitchen. It is a lightning fast and measures temperature in 2 to 3 seconds. A further memory function helps you observe past cooking for consistency. Overall, this is a pretty decent thermometer with a safe bacteria-resistant probe for safe use. It is easy to use and comes with FDA approval.
- Fast 2-3 seconds temperature measurement
- Easy storage with a magnet and hook
- Bacteria resistant probe
1. Habor Meat Thermometer, Digital Cooking Thermometer
This is our final choice for the best meat thermometer. It is a sleek modern design thermometer with fast and accurate temperature reading. The thermometer measures temperatures in 4-6 seconds with a wide temperature range of -49 degrees F to 392 degrees F. You don’t need to worry of undercooked or overcooked meat anymore. The built-in strong magnet allows for easy storage in the kitchen. There is a further large hanging hole for easy storage and access. Overall, this is one of the easiest thermometers to use. It also features an automatic shut off after 15 minutes without operation. You can buy with confidence and get three years warranty and an excellent customer service.
- Easy to use
- Strong magnet for easy storage
- Lightweight and compact
- Fast and accurate measurements
- A bit hard calibrating
These are the best meat thermometers on the market currently to offer you excellent value for money. The thermometers are highly reviewed and rated and stand out as the best options to buy. Make sure you get one today and cook your meat at the right temperatures for delicious results. Choose one from our reviews today and get excellent value for your money.